YOU CAN CHANGE: GOD’S TRANSFORMING POWER FOR OUR SINFUL BEHAVIOR AND NEGATIVE EMOTIONS
By Tim Chester
We just finished this book in a recent class at church, and I wanted to commend it to you.
It is a helpful, ultra-practical look at sanctification.
Chester uses a mix of scripture, historical wisdom, and pastoral experience to inspire and instruct us towards positive change.
You can change!
That really is the message and encouragement of the book. By God’s grace and power, we can be increasingly free from sin and free to live as God has called us to live.
The chapters walk through the ups and downs of this process, and each chapter ends with a section of questions for reflection and application.
- What would you like to change?
- Why would you like to change?
- How are you going to change?
- When do you struggle?
- What truths do you need to turn to?
- What desires do you need to turn from?
- What stops you from changing?
- What strategies will reinforce you faith and repentance?
- How can we support one another in changing?
- Are you ready for a lifetime of daily change?
As mentioned above, we read this book in a group, and that is a great way to employ it. But I think it would be good on your own, too.
So, if you’re looking to grow in grace and see change in your life, I think you will find this book to be a helpful companion.
Chester, T. (2010). You can change: God’s transforming power for our sinful behavior and negative emotions. Crossway.